Northampton County Historical & Genealogical Society (NCHGS)For more than 100 years, members of the Northampton County Historical & Genealogical Society have preserved the past, served the present, and shaped the future of Northampton County through research, producing papers and books, and growing and maintaining exceptional collections in old and new places. We tell the story of American history made in Northampton County.
The Sigal Museum
The Sigal Museum is Northampton County, Pennsylvania's leading institution of local history, and home to significant collections of pre-European settlement artifacts, decorative arts and textiles, farming implements and colonial furniture. The Museum opened in summer of 2010, offering its visitors interactive exhibits, self-guided and docent-led tours, special children's programs, and a lecture series on local and American history. It is one of four museums operated by the Northampton County Historical & Genealogical Society (NCHGS) in Easton, the county seat. In addition to its exhibits, the Sigal Museum is home to the Jane S. Moyer Library, providing vast and often rare resources for students, scholars, and genealogical researchers.
The Charles Chrin Changing Gallery serves as a showcase for special exhibits, highlighting collections of the Northampton County Historical & Genealogical Society and its partners.
The Museum serves as a gathering place and a cultural center, visited by youth and adults for programs in fraktur art, on Lenape Lifeways, and story-telling. Works by current regional artists have also found a home in this center for old and new history, and are highlighted on a rotating basis.
The Sigal Museum
The Society's new flagship facility and its headquarters. Enjoy this new place where we tell the old stories of American History made in Northampton County.
342 Northampton St.
This opulent Victorian home at 4th and Ferry was once the Society headquarters. Now it is open for house museum tours and soon the NCHGS Textile Resource Center.
101-107 S. Fourth St. (By appointment)
1753 Bachmann Publick House
Easton's oldest building which contains the last remaining Northampton County colonial-era court room.
169 Northampton St. (By appointment)
It's a grant-funded, public garden open to anyone in the area to enjoy.
4th and Ferry St.
Jacob Nicholas House
Named for its first resident who lived there from 1807 - 1832. Nicholas was a wood turner and later a Durham boat captain.
458 Ferry St. (By appointment)
Brittany Schrum MerriamSenior Curator
Andrew GlovasDirector of Operations
Carey BirgelInterim Director
Jean BemesderferVisitor Services Manager and Curatorial Assistant
Jean WaltemyerAdministrative Assistant